Tuesday 15 December 2009

Christmas can get to fuck

Well what a waste of time Tuesday was

Although I did manage to piss off a potential client by canceling a meeting, so not all bad

Hopefully they will realise I'm about as interested in their amazing new start web venture as I am in masterfucking chef

And guess what? If I do the work cheap for them they will remember me when they are internet millionaires

So If I just drive 2 hours each way, spend a further two hours listening how they can't possible draw up a brief doc - The whole thing is just too big - It's global - Then they can finish the meeting by saying,

Well we haven't really got a budget, per se - we were thinking of maybe up to £500.oo for a site just like ebay/amazon/twitter/myspace/linkedin but with more functionality

You know you're in trouble when some marketing wanker says the "per se" bit

Franky I'd rather pick at the little spotty bits on my scrotums - I suspect it will yield a higher dividend of reward versus effort in the long run

Plus I spent all day learning how not to configure false positive spam trap wankety widget thingy that works for everyone else on the planet but not me

Fucked up two servers in the process, another two days and I'm going to be at the point of possibly reading the user guide - Bastard

Website meeting with client tomorrow - So I'm doing some late night prep tonight

Mostly along the lines of googling techie type explanations as to why we are a month late

I'm leaning towards...

Hi Dave,

Nice suite,

Sorry we're a bit late but the complexity of migratory, non constant SQL exports have made transitioning the xml api a little more detailed than our initial evaluation report

Love to stay and chat but I'm having my arse waxed in 15 minutes

Bye


No comments:

Post a Comment